In June, Skagit Farmers Supply mailed out over $1,068,000 in patronage dividends to its members. The dividends are based on 2011 business earnings and represent 30% of the total patronage of $3,560,314. The remaining 70% is issued in stock and retired at a later date.
Over 16,939 local households, farms and businesses received cash back from the cooperative for shopping at their local co-op. Many surrounding communities benefit from the cooperatives’ success when the members spend their refunds locally
The dividends amount to a refund of 6.4% on qualified purchases made by members in 2011.
As the cooperative enters its 79th year in business, Skagit Farmers Supply members can take great pride in the successful organization they have built.
In addition to the $1,068,000 cash portion of the 2011 dividend paid, Skagit Farmers Supply retired $766,000 in stock retirements this past March, bringing the cash amount paid to members this year alone to over $1,834,000. Since the cooperative began in 1934 over 33.2 million dollars have been allocated as patronage dividends with 16.6 million dollars paid in cash.
Skagit Farmers Supply employs approximately 200 people and operates two full service agronomy centers and four fueling stations, as well as providing delivery of bulk fuel, residential and commercial propane. There are currently six Country Stores in Skagit, Island and Snohomish counties supplying products for farm and home, lawn and garden, animal health, livestock, pets and more. Membership is not required to shop at Skagit Farmers Supply; however, the membership is free and open to all
Contact: Dave Needham
Title: Director of Marketing and Communications
Phone Number: 360-757-6053