The IT Specialist will support the IT Manager in all IT functions needed for the agency at all locations. The position will focus on help desk support and responding to help desk tickets promptly. In addition, the position will assist with updating phone systems, email distribution lists, minor physical troubleshooting, updating and installing software, software compatibility troubleshooting and other duties as needed.
This will be a full time position at 37.5 hours per week.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Serve as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance. Respond to all internal helpdesk requests quickly and effectively to drive open tickets to completion.
2. Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by users. Walk users through problem solving processes.
3. Communicate feedback, suggestions, critical matters, unresolved issues, or when additional experience or support is needed with the IT Manager.
4. Documentation of events, issues, problems and solutions.
5. Responsible for inventory tracking of hardware, including agency issued cell phones.
6. Install, test, and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software, as directed by the IT Manager.
7. Imaging and software maintenance as directed by the IT Manager.
8. Support with equipment check-ins and check-outs.
9. Perform workstation hardware and software upgrades as directed by the IT Manager.
10. Support with all tasks of onboarding and off-boarding of agency staff.
11. Responsible for printer managements and support.
12. Provide coverage and back up as needed in the absence of IT Manager.
13. Participate in agency staff meetings and trainings, as required
14.. Other related duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
- Degree or Certification related to Information Technology preferred
- 1-2 years of direct work-related experience required.
(Or a combination of education and experience providing the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work)
License(s) & Certification(s)
- Must have valid driver license and auto liability insurance if personal vehicle is used for work-related travel.
- Microsoft and other professional certifications preferred, but not required
- Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Familiar with operations and maintenance of photocopiers, scanners, faxes, printers, projectors and phones
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with staff, peers, and management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, solid follow-through, and time management skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook programs.
- Creative problem-solving skills essential
- Working knowledge of standard office procedures and technologies (phone, computer, printer, photocopier, scanner, fax machine) is needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with people from varied cultural, socioeconomic, educational and experiential backgrounds.
- Must be able to flex hours, if needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Starting wage between $18.78 - $20.74 per hour (DOE)
- Medical & Dental Insurance including Rx and Vision
- Life Insurance and AD&D coverage
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan (3% Employer Match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary supplemental Cafeteria 125 Plan
- Paid Sick and Vacation Leave
- 13 Paid Holidays per year
- Health club discounts
(Community Action reserves right to modify, amend, or terminate any benefit at any time for any reason.)
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by providing ALL items requested. Please submit the following:
(1) Community Action Application (2) Resume (3) Letter of Interest.
You can find all job announcements and apply online on our website at www.communityactionskagit.org
Community Action of Skagit County reserves the right to extend application deadlines and to modify the selection schedule without notice, to form eligibility lists for, or make appointments to, other positions with similar employment requirements.
Community Action of Skagit County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you require accommodation in the application process, please contact our HR Department.