The Employment Specialist 1 (ES1) is responsible for supporting individuals with disabilities to achieve employment and community inclusion outcomes. All activities will be in alignment with our organizational vision and values. The ES1 works within the guidelines of the organization, laws, policies, contracts, and licensing requirements.
High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree in social services or closely related field preferred. Ability to work as a team member across functions.
Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to think critically, analyze situations and develop solutions, and meet the demands of shifting priorities. Must be proficient in use of technology, including Microsoft Office programs. Must meet and maintain WAC and contract education and training requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Achieve employment and community inclusion outcomes as desired by clients, and in line with contract and internal standards.
- Provide intake and assessment of new clients in a timely manner.
- Support clients to develop professional networks.
- Solicit support from clientâ€™s family, guardian, teachers, friends, mentors and others who can assist with achieving the clientâ€™s goal.
- Provide direct service to clients in line with approved SDP.
- Utilize methods and techniques which fit each clientâ€™s unique needs (i.e. job carving, customized employment, and appropriate job coaching and teaching strategies).
- Develop naturally supportive environments to allow fading from jobsites.
- Support clients to increase work hours, responsibilities, and wages in line with preferences.
- Develop assessment sites for temporary vocational assessment, based on contract standards.
- Provide adequate level of support to each client as directed by the Regional Manager.
- As applicable, support Community Inclusion clients to achieve outcomes related to increased independence, skill attainment and relationship development.
- Support clients to utilize public transportation and/or provide transportation training.