The Housing Specialist will provide intensive case management services to individuals and families seeking housing assistance, facilitate connection or referral to housing services, and assist in their transition from homelessness to housing stability and self-sufficiency. This position may work in a variety of different housing programs. This will be a full time position at 37.5 hours per week.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Using the Family Development Program model:
- Screen and assess client need;
- Provide crisis intervention services;
- Assist with housing search;
- Advocate for client rental agreements/applications;
- Assist client with action plan and household budget;
- Help client research and secure resources;
- Schedule regular home/office/phone client contacts;
- Conduct 6 & 12-month client follow-up after exiting program;
- Maintain client database records.
2. Develop strong community partnerships for enhanced services and advocacy.
3. Adhere to requirements of program funding streams, contracts, policies and procedures.
4. May be assigned additional Specialist responsibilities for a specific service area, such as Point of Entry, Housing & Essential Needs program (HEN), Rental Assistance program, etc.
5. Participate in agency meetings and trainings as required.
6. Other related duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
- Associate Degree in Human Services or related field preferred.
- Two-years of experience in comprehensive case management preferred.
(Or a combination of education and experience providing the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work)
License(s) & Certification(s)
- Must have valid driver license and auto liability insurance if personal vehicle is used for work-related travel.
- Family Development Program Certificate within 6-months of employment.
- Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) desired; additional languages helpful.
- Ability to respond appropriately in stressful or emotionally charged situations.
- Strong organization and time management required, with ability to multi-task.
- Good knowledge of local resources desirable.
- Strong customer service skills and service attitude.
- Solid observation, analytical and intuitive abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook programs.
- Must have strong and effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of standard office procedures and technologies (phone, computer, printer, photocopier, scanner, fax machine) is needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with people from varied cultural, socioeconomic, educational and experiential backgrounds.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Starting wage between $18.78 - $20.74 per hour (DOE)
- Medical & Dental Insurance including Rx and Vision
- Life Insurance and AD&D coverage
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan (3% Employer Match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary supplemental Cafeteria 125 Plan
- Paid Sick and Vacation Leave
- 13 Holidays per year
- Health club discounts
(Community Action reserves right to modify, amend, or terminate any benefit at any time for any reason.)
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by providing ALL items requested. Please submit the following:
(1) Community Action Application (2) Resume (3) Letter of Interest.
You can find all job announcements and apply online on our website at www.communityactionskagit.org
Community Action of Skagit County reserves the right to extend application deadlines and to modify the selection schedule without notice, to form eligibility lists for, or make appointments to, other positions with similar employment requirements.
Community Action of Skagit County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you require accommodation in the application process, please contact our HR Department.